My Pregnancy Ticker

pregnancy week by week

Wednesday 24 October 2012

Updates for the past 10days - Shipping Fees & Robinsons Buys

Hello Baby!!!! Mummy missed talking to you sooooo much... I'm so sorry I haven't been blogging as it was really a busy and bad week.. I also missed taking pictures of my tummy at week 23... Will do so this week. Tummy's growing bigger again and I can start to feel the weight on my feets...

Sorry to bring you this sad news first.. Your grandfather (father's father) passed away on 19th Oct (last friday). Today is the end of the wake and I finally found some time to write up. It has been a really sad week and everyone has been running to and fro the hospital before he was gone. I feel that everything happened abit too quickly. Is it a good thing that he didn't have to suffer for long before he's gone? Or was it all too fast? Sigh... "Father, Rest In Peace. I will take good care of your son and your grandson..."


*Liven up spirits a little*

Remember I said I will be updating the shipping fees for the buys I got from Amazon? These were all the the stuffs I got from Amazon.com . 1) Buys 2) More Buys

My jaws dropped big time when I saw this. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





I was like WTF seriously???!!!  $630!!!!!!! This time I'm dead. Best was what your dad said when I mentioned this to him. Our conversation went like this.

Me: Dear, the shipping charges come liao. And hor... I got a shock when I saw it.
Him: *Eyes open big big look at me, then keep quiet and carried on doing his things*
Me: You don't want to ask me how much isit meh??
Him: Dear, I think 1 person shocked is better than 2 person shocked.

I really wanted to strangle him at that time but I burst out laughing also cos it was really damn funny.

Ok, there was definitely something wrong with the shipping so I went to check with the customer service. Cut long story short, this was what was revised and the final shipping fees. By the way, I have to comment on the customer service personnel named Gerry. His service was excellent and I will recommend him to my friends too.



And after a 15% discount for POSB/ DBS card members, this was what I paid finally.



Frankly speaking, $240 is really not much considered the number of items I was bringing in. And most importantly, what cost the most was that stupid diaper pail. It was heavy, and came in a really large box so they had to charge volumetric weight. They ended repacking all my stuffs into that large box to reduce shipping for the many packages too. If I hadn't bought that diaper pail, I believe shipping would have reduced GREATLY.

If I had just shipped the rocker over, it was just as what I calculated it to be, less than SGD100. The playgym was not worth to get too. Cos it cost more than if I bought it in locally. All other items can be shipped over besides the playgym and that STUPID DIAPER PAIL. Clothes can be shipped over by yourself if you are buying quite alot too. Otherwise, just join SMH Spree la....

By the way, to save trouble and to save yourself from being shocked, go search Singapore Motherhood Forum for bulk purchase for the rocker and any other stuffs. You can find pretty good deals there. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ROBINSONS PRIVATE SALE

There was a robinsons private sale on 17th Oct. Mummy had no intention to go at all initially. Until the mummies shared the great deals and I felt I HAD TO GO DOWN. Lol... Anyway, it was really a fruitful trip. Look what Mummy's got for you this time round!



ALL THESE AT $263!!! (Excluding 2 brand new towels that cost $38 each for mummy and daddy and a pillow that cost $48) Which means all the above at only about $160!!! The sale was at 25% off and there was a 5% rebate at the end of the month that will be credited to the credit card. Which means another $13 rebate! Of course had to sweep sweep sweep since usual baby fair had only about 20%.

What mummy bought : - 
  • 6 refill packs of Pigeon baby wipes - $19.50 ($3.25 each)
  • 72 pcs of Pigeon Disposable breastpads - $13.50
  • 2 Pigeon Teats Cleaner - $6.90
  • 1 Pigeon Aspirador Nasal - $4.90 (to suck out your "pi zui" if you have flu so mummy won't have to suck it out using my mouth)
  • 1 0m+ 125ml Avent Advanced Classic Bottle - $17.90
  • 2 boxes of 1m+ 260ml Avent Advanced Classic Bottle - $36.90 each box (Each box got 2 bottles, 1 bottle $18.45)
  • Cotton Balls - $3.90
  • Bottle Sponge Brush - $7.90
  • Squeaky Toy - $11.90
  • Soft Toy - $16.90
  • 2 set of rompers - $12.90 each
Conclusion: Buy locally when there's sale!!! Robinsons private sale is definitely worth going!! :)

Mummy has also got you the diaper rash cream on SMH over this week. Cost $11 for a 6oz size. Some selling $10 but only 4oz so I went for the 6oz one.




What mummy has to buy still : -
  • Shampoo, Body Wash & Lotion (I shall talk about this in another post ok baby? Mummy has done some research on this too)
  • Breastpump (Wanted to get Medela PISA but latest news was PISA is going to be phased out so might have to get the more expensive freestyle instead. Promo price for Freestyle $699. Usual: $988. Shall see how much it's selling at baby fair this month end and if it's worth getting, then I'll most probably get a local set - for the warranty and save the trouble of adaptor too)
  • Bags or Milk bottles to store milk
  • Stroller & Car Seat
  • Diaper Bag
  • Thermometer
  • Diapers (can buy during End Dec or Jan after knowing if you are a big baby or normal sized baby)
Mummy got to remember to register online for the free samples of milk powders too. And probably can ask if gynae have some samples too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's almost nearing the end of October. Our next date is on 5th November and it will be just a short 3 more months to seeing you!!!!!! OMG!!!! IT'S DAMN FAST CAN!!!!! After buying all the stuffs during the baby fairs in this coming week, Nov and Dec, I can prepare for your arrival!!!! Gotta decorate your room with the room decals too!! Can't wait!!!

You have been kicking and dancing alot in mummy's tum tum recently. And all it's bringing me are smiles smiles and more smiles.. You kick more during the night. And you kick when you are hungry, when I am eating (which felt like you were eating too). You kick when you hear music too. Hopefully you have mummy's musical talent and not your daddy's out-of-pitch tones. Lol...

Tomorrow I have a date with a masseuse at HOME at 11am!!!! So I'm going to sleep now... TOTAL SHIOKNESS!! $70 for 1 hour of pre-natal massage. Highly recommended by your Ah Kim. And she was supposed to charge $80 but charges me $70 only cos both your Ah Kims had used her during their confinement.

Chat with you again my dearest 儿子。。。


Love you love you love you alot!!!!!
Mummy Jo



No comments:

Post a Comment